Well, it looks like Jacob DeGrom will not be pitching anytime soon after all. This past week, the New York Mets stated that the thrower will be returning to his regular pitching schedule on Monday, after some time on the sidelines due to consistent injuries.
But the team has informed that DeGrom will not be pitching as expected after manager Mickey Callaway said on Sunday that they will send him to the 10-day disabled-list, as they want to be "extremely cautious" with his injury.
The Mets have changed their minds. Jacob deGrom will not start Monday in Cincinnati. The team will DL him. He's likely to miss only one start.— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) 6 de mayo de 2018
According to MLB.com's Anthony DiComo, this is what Callaway said:
"He is experiencing nothing at all (in terms of symptoms). Jacob wanted to go out there and pitch tomorrow. ... The more and more we thought about it, it just wasn't worth the risk. At this point, I think he's better off to go up there and just bunt and get guys over.
So far this season, DeGrom has seven starts with a 3-0 record and owns a 1.87 ERA over 43 1/3 innings.